The Glittering Caves

...evening comes: they fade and twinkle out; the torches pass on into another chamber and another dream.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'd rather be in Scotland. But I'm blessed where I am right now.

Monday, June 19, 2006

thanks a lot koonj...

... for putting me on the spot... the blogspot... ha ha, oh ho ho... see, even my sense of humor is awful! my cousin has this amazing ability to believe in me more than i do myself, not just about my writing... it's like we're not even related! :D
koonj has always been my favorite cousin, but i think it started (years and years ago) for the shameful reason that she was the only person in all of pakistan i could communicate with when we visited, since i spoke no urdu. well, she and her siblings... but she was the youngest and most fun, even when (i must reveal this, i think everyone will get a kick out of it) she was hesitant to put on lipstick right before iftar one ramadan (and this was not colored lipstick, but one of those orange sticks that is supposed to change color on your lips and bring out some natural hue or something) - not because it was lipstick, we were only in front of family, but because she was afraid she might eat it and break her fast :D
ah, those were the days!
thank you all for visiting my blog on koonj's recommendation... i hope inshallah i can offer something useful (other than colorful anecdotes on koonj's past) to this realm. it's funny, i haven't really had an online presence like this since the days of BBS's and IRC over a decade ago... out of curiosity, does anyone else remember what a BBS was? i feel like i'm the only one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home