The Glittering Caves

...evening comes: they fade and twinkle out; the torches pass on into another chamber and another dream.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'd rather be in Scotland. But I'm blessed where I am right now.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

i don't know what a meme is but i'm doing one

do you "do" a meme?
anyway, it's funny, just before i went onto my cousin's blog (from whence i got this... meme...) i had just finished up doing one of those emails, "how well you do you know your friends", with questions like, "what are you wearing right now?", "do you think you are strong?", "favorite food", etc... really meaningful stuff :) so i guess this is a morning for introspection, even before breakfast...

I am? procrastinating doing something meaningful with my life (other than mothering)
I want? to be eloquent, articulate, poetic
I wish? for my son (and any forthcoming children) to have a non-dysfunctional family life
I hate? being lazy
I miss? Scotland
I fear? calling up people whose loved ones have died in order to get quotes for articles about the deceased
I hear I am not? huh?
I hear I am? um... well, i don't hear much in this sense, to be honest...
I dance? used to do bhangra with friends, but now it's me and the bellydance fitness videos, with nobody watching
I sing? to Musa quite often, and he smiles and tries to sing back!
I cry? rarely... i mean like once or twice a year, if that
I am not always? as selfless as i wish i were
I make with my hands? dinner these days, but used to be much more - paintings, drawings, mehndi...
I write? not NEARLY as much as i should, as much as i need to, as much as i want to
I confuse? people's concerns over my baby with what i perceive as their judgment of my parenting skills
I need? to eat breakfast
I should? there wouldn't be an end to this sentence, once started
I start? art projects, short stories
I finish? not them. but i do finish my meals.

i am going to go eat a chocolate cookie that my friend taiyyaba made for me. then i will make some cream of wheat for breakfast, and possibly an egg. then i will web surf some more until musa wakes up...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are? One hell of a cool cousin, mother, and everything else.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home