The Glittering Caves

...evening comes: they fade and twinkle out; the torches pass on into another chamber and another dream.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'd rather be in Scotland. But I'm blessed where I am right now.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

pondering

nermeen says inshallah you can have it all, just not all at once... now i think i will be pondering this for many days. the context is the mutually exclusive life that i dreamed of living when i was single (travel the world as a writer and photographer) and the life that i live now (happily married and new mother)... the funny thing is (and this is the crux of a problem i have been facing for three years now) even when i was living that previous life (studying in scotland, for example, or studying journalism and working as a photographer for the student paper, etc) i "dreamed" of meeting someone i could be happily married to... now here i am.

has anyone out there experienced this - the end of dreaming? i have nothing to fight for, to struggle toward, anymore. well, on some level, i guess. i am just quietly floating along, happiest when i am with my love, but not learning, not growing, just being, and not being much.

or maybe this is just a quiet time of my life i ought to be thankful for...

*sigh* meanwhile, here is more musa and issa (newly ganjofied!):

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sending me the URL to your blog..i love it...far more intellectual than mine, but I'll just have to remind myself that mine is a place to dump my thoughts without a care in the world as to how they're viewed.

I felt like this blog of yours related to some of the ones I've written and the way I've been feeling. Alhumdolillah, I have a beautiful family, friends, home, job, etc...so why the discontent. I want to travel the world..i want to continue to learn, transform, grow...but i feel stagnant right now. When I do have moments where i move forward, i feel guilty...i.e. am I doing it at the expense of my family? I am happy living for them...i understand why mothers would do anything for their children...but shouldn't we be able to each pursue our own happiness and still do it collectively?

Didn't expect to do into all that..but there it is...

and in response to one of your other blogs, that is a lotta ants :D

4:47 PM  
Blogger Ayesha said...

eh, i dunno about intellectual... just trying to prove to myself that i still have some meaningful thoughts once in a while...

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home