The Glittering Caves

...evening comes: they fade and twinkle out; the torches pass on into another chamber and another dream.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'd rather be in Scotland. But I'm blessed where I am right now.

Monday, August 28, 2006

spending the whole day indoors...

...sucks!!!
all i've done today is read a stupid book, which i plucked off my "dumb books" shelves downstairs so that i would have something to read while nursing, because generally i like to read something nice and brainless while nursing. but it's a sort of page-turner mystery so i kept reading it.
well, i've also managed to give musa a bath, feed him regularly, take a shower myself, clean up the clutter in the bedroom and partially clean the kitchen and throw away some junk mail... but such weighty accomplishments still do not manage to stave off the depression that waxes while the sun wanes... it's so DEPRESSING to still be home when the sky is darkening and not have accomplished anything!!
well, i also applied for a part-time job... ooh, aah. okay musa is yelling at me, must go report for duty. much of the time i've spent with him today i've also been nearly moved to tears at how much i love him...
oh yes, and my brother turned 30 today! i guess we're really grown-ups now...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salamaat,
wait a minute, you bathed, fed, entertained baby, cleaned up, applied for a job, took a shower...and read.

and you accomplished nothing?

wow...i am really inspired:)

*looks around at the mess in my room guiltily*

1:03 PM  
Blogger Ayesha said...

well, see, if i read something useful, i wouldn't feel so bad... but it was a dean koontz book i'd read before... just wasting time! :)

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home