The Glittering Caves

...evening comes: they fade and twinkle out; the torches pass on into another chamber and another dream.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'd rather be in Scotland. But I'm blessed where I am right now.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

yaum-e-azadi mubarak

actually i would have forgotten (until i saw the date maybe?) if i hadn't seen my dad's blog this morning, which is really a remarkable story as i commented...

but my head is occupied with other things - the dryer that is on the fritz (now where did that expression come from? i mean originate?) my broken toe (right foot, fourth proximal phalanx) which i still have to tape back up again, although i'm going to see an orthopedist in about an hour so maybe i shouldn't bother?, and waking musa up and getting him ready in time to go with me - which means in about 20 minutes. so i really should go get him ready now. only i have to wait for the washing machine to finish.

blah blah. going to NC this weekend for my bro's friend's walima inshallah. it's going to be a task getting down there - hubby not going, so i'm going with bro and bhabhi, and i've got to meet them in DC (capitol hill, where bhabhi works) by like 9:30 in the morning (bachcha samayd) so we can pile the babies together for the (at least) five-hour drive down. inshallah! it will be nice to see everyone, and especially to visit my parents with both babies - my nephew is now walking too mashallah! - but it is such a short visit for all that! coming back on sunday inshallah.

thisssss is such a pointless blog. let me make it pointful. so i finally tore myself away from rereading deathly hallows, and oddly enough it was a nonfiction book that got me to do so - george tenet's autobio piece, at the center of the storm: my years at the CIA... and i will tell you more about that later because musa is awake himself now (good boy!) and i must go get him!

4 Comments:

Blogger Noor said...

I love that you read so much. I find myself only reading from my genre of writing. Chapter 4 down, now onto chapter 5!!IA.
I really find myself thinking that I need to branch out, read more non-fic, otherwise my experience gets stilted. The only thing is that I probably won't buy them like I do my genre. Library here I come. I love that you utilize the library so much! Just don't tell Waseem. My image of buy only, not borrow will be shattered!!! Any suggestions? They can be fiction too, just something other than witches, vamps, weres etc. ;)

Hope to see you this weekend, hobbling along, after the valima! ;) Feel better!

10:38 AM  
Blogger samra said...

How did you hurt your toe? I hope it heels soon (that was a pun...) :)

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fourth proximal phalanx??

you nerd, you.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Ayesha said...

ha ha for the pun, samra! i stubbed it on the bathroom doorframe running after musa (who was in need of a booty wash).
nura, have you seen my iread list on facebook? i got a bunch of suggestions from other people's lists (including samra's!).
cuz, well of course :) but it was listed on some of my medical papers. i feel like i'm clinging onto the nerdness of my identity by a thread - holding tight as possible. if i lose that, then what am i?? just an eccentric has-been genius who squandered it all because of a simple character flaw...

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home