The Glittering Caves

...evening comes: they fade and twinkle out; the torches pass on into another chamber and another dream.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'd rather be in Scotland. But I'm blessed where I am right now.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

several beautiful things wednesday

can't wait till tomorrow, i don't know if i'll have time to post. so here they are:

1) my parents are coming today and i haven't seen them since mid-december and i am so excited for them to see how much musa has grown and changed, and to sit down and talk to my dad again because i can't talk to him on the phone because of his hearing troubles!

2) i THINK musa took a step or two yesterday. i actually saw him take one and go crashing down, but there were a couple of other moments where it was more out of the corner of my eye. this is, of course, unsupported steps i am talking about. he is also saying "mama", although it often spreads out into "mamamamamama" or morphs into "manana da TA dda da" or something but he is definitely saying "mama" and something like "dada" now. yay for babies!!!!

3) the house is clean!

4) the weather is turning warm!

5) i ended up getting five extra freelance stories from my old paper - they're very short, advertisements basically, so they are very easy to put together and it's more money than i had before!

6) i don't have too many blog readers but the ones i have are awesome and they have given me at least several weeks of good reading to look forward to!

7) i actually have a novel in my head, like an actual BOOK. but i haven't started writing it yet. no, i'm not going to tell you what it's about. it is sort of fantasy though. which is why i'm not going to tell you because i'm afraid it's silly. but i will write it. so i'm in that beautiful stage of possibility, where i'm carrying around this potential in my head and it could be anything, anything at all...

8) musa's aqiqa is this weekend inshallah and i'm going to see all kinds of people i haven't seen in ages and it will be fun!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ayesha,

Enjoy your time with your parents. Give your Abu a long, tight hug and tell him you love him. Tell him he's teh greatest dad in the world. I'm sure he'll love that :)

Musa's aqiqa? Mashallah! May Allah give him health, wealth, happiness and a long prosperous life, ameen.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Noor said...

Mashallah! Have a great time during Musa's aqiqa! May Allah give him a long prosperous life with great health, wealth and much happiness. Ameen.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! i'm excited from here.

wah! i'm gonna miss it all!

11:20 AM  
Blogger bsc said...

Dearest Ayesha, did you hear suroor, yeah I like that
Many happy returns to you and Musa both I rmember the 31st of last year and the first and 2nd of April. Those were so exciting times Raihana and Musa will know after a long time but maybe I am getting love-sick in myold age for my children---joys of being a fahter and grandfather. Your ammi and I were remembering fondly when Allah brought a 'bundle' of joy for us 29 years ago.
O! did you see all those wonderful punjabi and arabi 'loris'.
Your Ammi yesterday was furious (you know why)
Aqiqa of Imam's G'children was very good food I over-ate, could'nt help. Some of the Arab preps are very delicious

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home