The Glittering Caves

...evening comes: they fade and twinkle out; the torches pass on into another chamber and another dream.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'd rather be in Scotland. But I'm blessed where I am right now.

Monday, June 11, 2007

success!

i have successfully left musa for seven and a half hours with his daddy! and he was sick too. actually we're all sick :(.
anyway i had to shoot a wedding last night. and i am beat, in the truest sense of the word: i feel like my shoulders and my lower back have been battered, and the tendons in my left forearm are aching, my wrist and fingers even. that is how out-of-shape i am... just using a flash frame (for the first time), holding it up constantly, and firmly enough to shift the camera sideways and back again within the frame, has wrecked my arm.
i'm looking at the pics now, to see how they've come out... very nerve-wracking, the whole thing. brides are already stressed out, by events and their dreams for their wedding, and by family members, that having a photographer with unreliable equipment is almost unforgivable. and my equipment was being very unreliable last night! but, that's the fun of having a 6 GB memory card - at least i had room to play, and the fun of digital - at least i know i did get some really good shots, alhamdulillah. and thank God for photoshop!

but my musa was sick, and last night i didn't sleep very well either... waking up for coughing fits and then finding it hard to go back to sleep. musa did cough in the night, but at least it didn't wake him up. still sleeping right now this morning...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Musa! Get well soon baby!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Sheeza said...

Aww..poor musa and ayesha :) I feel for you on the photo thing. If a bride doesn't see the right shots..or sees that the equipment isn't working well..all hell breaks loose! That being said, I know how great a photographer you are, so I know you have some phenomenal shots!

Kisses to musa...so glad that he is sleeping through the coughing...amazing how well they handle being sick!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home