The Glittering Caves

...evening comes: they fade and twinkle out; the torches pass on into another chamber and another dream.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'd rather be in Scotland. But I'm blessed where I am right now.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

a meme because i am bored :)

something to do while i am waiting to find out where my hubby is...

1. Elaborate on your default icon.
it is a picture of a staircase from the ruined inchcolm abbey, on a wee island in the middle of the firth of forth, from a visit i took in the summer of 1998 while i was living in edinburgh.

2. What's your current relationship status?
Married for about 3.5 years

3. Ever have a near-death experience?
can't say i have

4. Name an obvious quality you have.
easy to get along with

5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
amazingly, for once, i dont' have one, but musa is playing right now with his little "elmo's world" phone and it keeps singing, "lalalala, lalalala, elmo's world, hahahahaha!" and now that is going to be in my head

6. Name a celebrity you would marry.
eh, i don't think i would marry a celebrity. if the question were simpler, like, name a celebrity you think is hot, that would be easier... :)

7. Who will cut and paste this first?
i don't know, i don't really know who reads this blog

8. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
no, but i have been told COUNTLESS times that i look like someone somebody knows. once at someone's house these girls actually asked if they could take a picture of me because i looked exactly like their cousin in canada. another time at a stranger's house (i was visiting with a friend) these girls said i looked just like their friend who was in the other room, so they took me to meet her, and she DID look like me. weird!! but no celebrities.

9. Do you wear a watch? What kind?
used to all the time - the big black gadgety kind - but now i rely on my cell phone for the time.

10. Do you have anything pierced?
ears since i was like 5 (just one each) and my nose since sophomore year of college.

11. Do you have any tattoos?
nope! but i loooooooooove doing mehndi (which i never thought of as tattooing until it got big in the west and people started calling it "temporary henna tattoos")

12. Do you like pain?
uhh. no. and i always thought i was a wimp when it came to handling it, too, but then i made it through an unmedicated labor and delivery and i plan on trying it again inshallah.

13. Do you like to shop?
I
HATE
SHOPPING
at least in the way it's usually done by shoppers... like my hubby! go to one place, then another, then another, not a good deal here, try somewhere else, walk forever, blah blah blah. if i need something, i go find it and buy it and go home!
the only exception is, of course, a bookstore... oh, and grocery shopping!!! and one clothing exception - new york and company. more than half my wardrobe is from there. but my favorite place to go shopping is trader joe's.

14. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
lunch at franklin's restaurant for a review i was writing for my newspaper.

15. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit card?
i don't have one... but i use my hubby's occasionally... can't remember what last for.

16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
my mother-in-law called because she missed musa!

17. What is on your desktop background?
musa!

18. What is the background on your cell phone?
musa!

19. What was the last movie you watched?
last night watched the documentary why we fight. more on this in a later blog post. it was riveting, fascinating, i HIGHLY recommend it!

20. What was the last book you read?
emmmm... well, reading LOTR right now. last one i read from the library? i think it was orson scott card's "lost boys" (too lazy to link)

3 Comments:

Blogger أبو سنان said...

Well, I read your blog, but I already did this one.

I love Trader Joes as well. Lots of good stuff there, usually pretty good for you as well. I love their coconut cashews.

Hum......I might have to make a run to Traders today for some!

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, don't i count, I read your blog religiously.

So then - name a celebrity you think is hot. Go on.

I know a celebrity you look like. Nermeen!

Easy to get along is right. When i get tired of the demanding, the nasty, the pissy, the spiteful, the gossipping, the backbiting --- then I come to my cousin.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Ayesha said...

yep i might just go to TJs today myself! only place i can find a whole gallon of organic milk for under 6 bucks.
a celebrity i think is hot... hmm... well... this is harder than i thought!! i had a thing for brad pitt in college but that was so long ago. and *ashamed to say* but a few years back vin diesel, but that was only because the fact that he was bald and built reminded me of my not-yet-hubby. but right now...
ohh... i will think of this later and post on it. right now,musa has learned to pull out the antenna on my cell phone with his teeth. i have to admit, even i enjoy doing that...

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home