The Glittering Caves

...evening comes: they fade and twinkle out; the torches pass on into another chamber and another dream.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'd rather be in Scotland. But I'm blessed where I am right now.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

my baby is talking to me!!

yesterday i had dumped all his clean laundry onto his bed and was putting it away, and he sat himself in the middle of the pile and started handing me things and saying, "here you go!" (of course it comes out like, "heee-yo"). and just now, after i told him the scissors in the drawer were dangerous and i put them back, he sat and played with something else for a bit, then stood up and pointed into the drawer and told me, "dangerous! no no no!" (comes out like "deh-jeh! no-no-no!")
yesterday he said two words that nobody ever taught him, "wall" and "watch". i love how earnest he is about pointing things out and naming them, these days!
i need to go write my article, but i just had to mention these things...

5 Comments:

Blogger Suroor said...

Aww, your Musa is a big boy now mashallah!

9:26 AM  
Blogger bsc said...

His vocabulary is going beyond counting names masha-Allah
Of course it all started with the most important word which was his first
NANA
No wonder he loves me so much and I love him so much for everything. You know you were making better sounds at that age or almost that age. You started speaking at 23rd month of age. He is getting there

6:34 PM  
Blogger bsc said...

Incidentally Koonj thinks I was cute at 6 months age

6:35 PM  
Blogger Ayesha said...

abbu you're still cute!! :D yes mashallah, every day he comes up with new things and is so excited about it. yesterday he followed me into the bathroom and said "sink" and "lota", and later that day he said "baarish," and today in the car he said "sun! outside! trees! cars!" and he even makes totally garbled sentences in trying to copy us. it's so much fun... alhamdulillah!

11:38 PM  
Blogger Taiyyaba said...

Mashallah! So cute!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home