The Glittering Caves

...evening comes: they fade and twinkle out; the torches pass on into another chamber and another dream.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'd rather be in Scotland. But I'm blessed where I am right now.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

book meme

tagged by suroor! yay!
i sort of cheated and didn't do this meme when i first had the chance, because the nearest book was one that my dad had been reading, postmodernism and the other by ziauddin sardar, and i thought it would have been pretentious to use that one... but maybe i'm being pretentious just by saying that. but who cares? there are only about 10 people who read this blog and i'm assuming y'all don't kerr.

so here goes:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the 5th Sentence.

4. Post the next 3 sentences.

5. Tag 5 people.

"So I got out my Swiss Army knife and opened the saw blade so that I could defend myself. Then I went out of my bedroom really quietly and listened. I couldn't hear anything, so I started going downstairs really quietly and really slowly."

interestingly enough, this book the curious incident of the dog in the night-time by mark haddon, has only the even page numbers, not the odd ones. it's brilliant, by the way. murder mystery and family drama and heartbreak and beauty and cold logic and mathematics problems, all from the point of view of an autistic boy.

anyway, i dunno if i can tag five other people... most people whose blogs i read have already been tagged... here goes anyway:

koonj
taiyyaba
hassan
nura
sheeza

there! well nura hasn't blogged since november and hassan since well before that, but, hey, y'all are tagged.
must go...

4 Comments:

Blogger Manal said...

Hey how are you? Just wanted to stop by and let you know I am back blogging for a while. Hope you can visit my blog. How is the baby?? Hope everything is doing good with you and family, Insha'Allah.

Take care for now!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Suroor said...

Great! I liked doing this meme.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I make a confession? I don't like this meme. Yeah yeah I am crotchety old buddhi, fine. But I do other meme - you choose any other!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Amna said...

I LOVE WATERSHIP DOWN!! I did my senior English paper on it too!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home